The staff here works hard to make sure the forums don’t end up like many internet forums. This is not an anything goes community. The forum is to always be safe for work and school, clean, informative, fun, and useful. To that end, we’ve created the following terms to ensure our purpose is accomplished. We run a tight ship, but we feel it is in the best interest of the community.
- You may only have 1 account, ever
(You may not use another users account even if they give you access to it.)
- Limit cursing (to avoid blocks/filters at school and work)
- No NSFW content – i.e. nudity, partial-nudity, swimwear/underwear (male or female), gore, excessive violence, gross, or suggestive content, ever. This is to be a completely work-safe/school-safe site & forum that draws no criticism from employers, schools, or law enforcement. Don’t like this? Don’t browse.
- BE RESPECTFUL
- No racism or bigotry
- No name calling
- No arranging illegal activities
- No scamming
- Don’t make posts/threads that will just de-rail a thread, insult the site or others, or cause drama
- Be open-minded of others interests and opinions
- Know when to leave well enough alone
- Share your knowledge
- Build community
- Have fun discussing automotive topics, current events, and life!
Note: 99% of the time this is all we need to keep the community running. Of the 27,000+ threads, or the 460,000+ posts, or the 4,800+ members there is only a fraction of a percent of time when the Administration must take action to remove posts or reprimand a user. Statistically, it’s such a non-issue in the grand scheme of the amount of content on this forum. However, historically, these select and rare times are the times that users point to and have issue with. Because of this rarity, we have created a longer, and more specific version of the Rules (located here). Again, of the 4,800+ members, only a fraction of a percent have actually broken a rule. The point is to keep things in perspective before lashing out at the Administration for doing their job: providing a free community service for automotive enthusiasts to share their love of automobiles with other Marylanders.
By registering on the forums and browsing the associated web pages – you agree to abide by these forum and site rules. If you do not agree with these rules (and the ‘Extended Rules’ w/ explanation – do not register and do not browse the website. If you’ve never read the rules, already registered, but don’t want to abide by the rules: please cease logging in and browsing. It is your responsibility to keep up to date w/ these rules/terms – as new situations arise, new rules/terms may need to be added to address those concerns. You are responsible for your own actions – no one is singled out for personal reasons.
Last Update: 27 February, 2013 @ 6:27PM by MDSS Admin (Staying on Topic section was modified)